Saturday, November 22, 2008

Our Unconventional Christmas Tree


We're not big on Christmas but try our best to recycle things. I saw this tree one holiday season at Pier 1 and it was $60. I went back after Christmas and it was $26! The origami gift boxes are made out of Christmas cards that we received from friends and family.






3 comments:

Jaybird said...

That reminds me of the Christmas at the cabin (when we were going to have the funeral for Santa and float him down the river) when we got a stick and put it in a pot and decorated it with foil and magazine clippings. Of course, this looks much better. :)

Just Keeping it Real said...

How does your grandaughter view your Christmas tree? Her opinion?

Michele said...

She didn't really say much about it. I tried to teach her how to make the little boxes and she prefered to make cell phones, credit cards and keys out of construction paper.