I love mediocre deed restrictions. When Mr. P and I moved into our 1965 home a few months ago, we wondered about the deed restrictions. Having lived in the suburbs previously, where every house had to be some form of beige and having lived where ANYTHING GOES, it was of interest to us. We got a copy of the deed restrictions (which we believe have not been edited since the 60’s) and we were surprised to find that they were pretty relaxed. The neighborhood is beautiful with large old trees and well maintained yards… but we’re artists and we didn’t want to be too restricted. Soooo… we took a drive around the neighborhood. As we rounded one corner the heavens opened up and the hallelujah chorus could be heard for miles. Here is what we found!! It’s made out of blue bottles, plates, glasses, birds, swans, stars, vases, decanters, candle sticks, hands and even a head on the top!!
Friday, August 1, 2008
Artsy, Fartsy Fridays
I love mediocre deed restrictions. When Mr. P and I moved into our 1965 home a few months ago, we wondered about the deed restrictions. Having lived in the suburbs previously, where every house had to be some form of beige and having lived where ANYTHING GOES, it was of interest to us. We got a copy of the deed restrictions (which we believe have not been edited since the 60’s) and we were surprised to find that they were pretty relaxed. The neighborhood is beautiful with large old trees and well maintained yards… but we’re artists and we didn’t want to be too restricted. Soooo… we took a drive around the neighborhood. As we rounded one corner the heavens opened up and the hallelujah chorus could be heard for miles. Here is what we found!! It’s made out of blue bottles, plates, glasses, birds, swans, stars, vases, decanters, candle sticks, hands and even a head on the top!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is awesome! I especially like the hands. I do wonder though, what if there is a hail storm? ;)
Yay! Welcome to blog world, Aunt Michele! Looks like I created several monsters. =)
Post a Comment