Saturday, August 30, 2008

Miss Priss's First Week of Kindergarten

WHEW! What a week! This week my granddaughter started kindergarten. She was so excited and her Dad kept saying, "If you don't want to go, then just say the word and we'll turn right back around!" I think Mom and Dad were more upset about her going than she was. On the way to school we heard on the radio that one elementary had a crying room set up... a crying room for the parents!

I dropped her and her Mom and Dad off at the front door and waited outside with her baby sister.

She quickly found her place and probably wouldn't have noticed if Mom and Dad left without saying, "Good bye!"

Her caring nature quickly kicked in when this little girl could not stop crying (she was holding a picture of her Mom and Dad over her face!)

On the second day we had a conversation that went like this:

Miss Priss: "Nonna, look what I got!" (she showed me a stamp on her hand)
Nonna: "Wow, that's cool... what did you get that for?"
Miss Priss: "Because I had to borrow some money."
Nonna: "Oh, your Mom didn't give you enough money?"
Miss Priss: "No, I let my friend Shelby borrow some because she didn't have enough." (that's Shelby in the pink)
Nonna: "That was really sweet of you but if you let someone borrow money then you don't have enough for lunch. So next time just tell them that the school will let them borrow money."
Miss Priss: "Oh... ok"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go to www.pyzam.com then copy and paste the code into the "Edit HTML" box under "customize" in your blog. Hope that helped!