Sunday, August 3, 2008

Nothing is AWESOME but God

Ok. This would fall under the “loathe” part of my blog. Well, it’s really just something that bugs me. People are using the word AWESOME in excess and where it doesn’t really apply. I believe this started with the growing popularity of the Christian song, “Awesome God”. And I suggest that is where it should remain. The word AWESOME is a derivative of the word AWE. So what does AWE mean? The Webster dictionary says this… an emotion variously combining dread, veneration, and wonder that is inspired by authority or by the sacred or sublime. So I ask you… is it really AWESOME when Johnny jumps over the curb with his skateboard? No. God is AWESOME… Johnny’s skateboard skills are not!

PS - If you leave a comment that says, "That's Awesome!" I'm going to delete it. :)

1 comment:

Just Keeping it Real said...

cool....who are you and what did you do with my sister?